james surls sculpture

---------

From: dawn stien (dawnstien_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Apr 27 2003 - 21:47:32 PDT

I've been exploring our municipal works a little more
thoroughly...

Points of View is a James Surls sculpture in Houston.

http://www.ci.houston.tx.us/municipalart/

Is Surls well known outside Texas?

I'd love to hear if anyone has used his work as a
basis for lessons in their classroom.
------
I also think the Light Spikes might be interesting to
compare with the Statue of Liberty. Or may bring
interesting dialogue given recent political events ...
 Take a look if you visit the site!

I just realized you have to select artworks to get to
the thumbnails of the artwork.

Dawn