Re: What was I thinking!- (Linda)

---------

From: dawn stien (dawnstien_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Apr 27 2003 - 20:58:53 PDT

--- lindwood@webtv.net wrote:
> Dawn
> What do you mean when you say, "a little more
> organized" so you could
> justify taking public kids?
>
> Linda

When I was a private school teacher, field trips were
fine as long as I could get drivers. There was a lot
of support for whatever my current whim was - Kite
flying and the Forbidden Gardens when we studied Asia
was completely acceptable.

Now, my administrators are not crazy about field trips
to begin with. Especially for an elective!!

So what I'm looking for is the how and how much for
transportation. Our buses would probably take us to
one stop, but I'm afraid multiple stops would be
unheard of (even though they do this each day when
they take the kids home!) SO a nice trolley once in
the vicintity would be nice. (to bad our lite rail
fiasco couldn't have been a little better thought
out...)

Also TAKS and interdisciplinary connections would be
probably be a selling point.

Even if it was something that just art club did one
weekend, it would be nice for them to go someplace
besides the mall.

I will probably take some time to think this through
this summer.

I can't wait to see the Tony Cragg - I did start
developing a unit, but don't think I'll have time to
use it or finish it this semester.

I think there's a James Surls at UH in the small
theater. What do you think of the Stella fractels in
the Moore's school of music building?

Have you ever taken your students to the Museum of
Printing History? They have a replica of the
Gutenburg Press and students get to print their own
illuminated manuscript. I think they have a good
program for Texas history through historical pages, as
well. They're very nice over there.

Dawn