RE: Michael Moore's Message

---------

From: Lawrence A. Parker (occti_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Apr 27 2003 - 19:55:04 PDT

Like it or not, many artists made money making political protests during
the 60's and 70's; they served the function of raising public awareness,
particularly on topics and issues about which the public preferred to
play deaf and dumb. It's difficult to rectify our own "American and
Democratic" government actually intentionally lying to us. Sometimes we
need these artists to rattle our cages (not unlike some philosophers I
know). Consider the monies they earn from selling recordings and making
appearances the public's money owed them for performing this service.
From their perspective, I imagine that the monies they received for
recordings and concerts are what enabled them to travel around and
"spread the word". Joni Mitchell, Joan Baez, Janis Ian, Arlo Guthrie,
Bob Dylan, Country Joe and the Fish, and countless others.

And what Michael Moore is talking about, and doing in talking about it,
is not rebellion. So far as I know, what he says is documented and
backed up by facts. And certainly more facts than Bush has been able to
produce regarding Iraq's possession of WMD's or his association, if any,
with Osama Bin Laden.

Have any of you wondered why Bush wants his own inspection team in there
instead of the neutral U.N. inspection team? With our own army
occupying most of the country, it would be so easy to simply take some
WMD's in there and "find" them. It's not like we can't spare a few - we
have more than anyone else. Even the Anthrax spore strains dispensed
through our own postal system a few years ago was traced back to a U.S.
laboratory; WE made it ! Not Iraq or any other "axis of evil" country.

Lawrence A. Parker

Philosopher and Educational Consultant