Re: looking for a Picasso artwork

---------

From: The Austin's (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Apr 27 2003 - 15:59:38 PDT

I do believe that lesson was mine. If you go to http://www.art.com, type in
Picasso, it showed up towards the bottom of the page, titled "Hand with
Bouquet". I love this lesson, and my district has many framed kindergarten
artworks from this. I have it posted @
http://www.geocities.com/theartkids/artlessons/kinders/picasso.html . I'm
glad it was helpful, and I love the "twist" you did with it! :-)
~*~Michal~*~
K-12 Kansas Art Teacher
http://www.geocities.com/theartkids

> I was looking at an idea in old Artsednet folders for kdg. doing a bouquet
> for parents. The person suggesting having the students trace their
hand,cut
> it out, glue it down, add strips of green in the hand and then make
flowers.
> It works well as a Mother's day project. I'm using the general idea and
> having them make tissue paper twisty flowers for the bouquet and they are
> giving it to their parents at kdg. graduation. (we get out May 19th!!) The
> person who sent in the idea suggesting using Picasso's "Hand with Bouquet"
> as a starting point. I'm not familiar with that work and have done some
> searching but no luck. Is that the right title? Anyone familiar with it?
> My fourth grade students have finished their straw weavings and they
are
> posted on our art page if anyone would like to check them out. Also the
> fifth graders have finished their clay masks!
> http://www.anderson4.k12.sc.us/schools/les/art.htm
> 3 weeks and counting in SC!
> Jeryl

---