looking for a Picasso artwork

---------

From: Jeryl Hollingsworth (holl5_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Apr 27 2003 - 17:03:09 PDT

I was looking at an idea in old Artsednet folders for kdg. doing a bouquet
for parents. The person suggesting having the students trace their hand,cut
it out, glue it down, add strips of green in the hand and then make flowers.
It works well as a Mother's day project. I'm using the general idea and
having them make tissue paper twisty flowers for the bouquet and they are
giving it to their parents at kdg. graduation. (we get out May 19th!!) The
person who sent in the idea suggesting using Picasso's "Hand with Bouquet"
as a starting point. I'm not familiar with that work and have done some
searching but no luck. Is that the right title? Anyone familiar with it?
   My fourth grade students have finished their straw weavings and they are
posted on our art page if anyone would like to check them out. Also the
fifth graders have finished their clay masks!
http://www.anderson4.k12.sc.us/schools/les/art.htm
    3 weeks and counting in SC!
                     Jeryl

---