RE: Michael Moore's Message

---------

From: Lawrence A. Parker (occti_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Apr 27 2003 - 09:09:12 PDT

My best suggestion is that you all rent and watch the movie "The
Majestic" starring Jim Carey in a very well done dramatic role.

The best quote I've seen of late: "Loyalty above all, except Honor",
possibly from "House Atriedes" of the new Dune Trilogy.

When the government can close the mouths and minds of our educators,
especially with allegations of disloyalty, rebellion and treachery,
despotism is not far behind.

Look closely at the histories of any of the great empires and nations
which preceded us: Rome, German, the USSR, Mainland China as well as the
old Imperial China.

When the voices of informed conscience are silenced and jailed for
"disloyalty to the government" then we live under a dictatorship, even
if it is of "elected" officials, or appointed/paid for officials such as
Mr. Bush!

Lawrence A. Parker
Philosopher and Educational Consultant

---