Re: Fw: Michael Moore's Message (fwd)

---------

Olejarz2_at_TeacherArtExchange
Date: Sun Apr 27 2003 - 08:59:50 PDT

In a message dated 4/27/03 10:20:36 AM, stardust606@worldnet.att.net writes:

> This list is about educating art students. Let's stick to that.

Yes, this list is about educating art students and with all due respects to
our soldiers and victims and their families political art has a long
tradition. Great artists like Goya and Picasso among many others used their
art to make political statements.

Every now and the list has experienced a group of people who felt that
something was "inappropriate" for the list. I feel that this is very
anti-American.

I am very involved in digital art making and have very little interest in
painting these days. I am certain that I would be shouted down if every time
someone started a painting thread I came in and said that this is an
irrelevant media in today's world and we should not be wasting our time
teaching students how to paint.

Let's let all our conversations bloom. If no one has an interest in a topic
it will disappear very quickly.

Harold

---