Ancient treasures site

---------

From: Dennis Golombek (dennis_golombek_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Apr 27 2003 - 07:54:31 PDT

When I return to school from "Spring Break "tomorrow I am planning on showing my 8th graders images of the looting in Baghdad and tying it into their social studies class that just finished WW II. The tie in will be with Nazi looting during the holocaust and include references to the articles in the May 2003 ArtNews(http://www.artnewsonline.com/index.cfm).

In setting this up I found this great site http://iraqipages.com/iraq_mesopotamia/ancient.htm of treasures from Iraq with wonderful images of artifacts. If anyone is interested in more info on the looting there check out http://www.museumstuff.com/.

Dennis

Dennis Golombek
Lowry Middle School
North Tonawanda, NY
http://www.dgolombek.net

Add photos to your e-mail with MSN 8. Get 2 months FREE*. ---