Oldenburg and literature tie in

---------

From: Catharine Ho (catharineho_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Apr 26 2003 - 23:29:35 PDT

A great tie-in with Oldenburg is Roald Dahl's Charlie and the Chocolate
Factory. Last year I volunteered to design 10 lessons that would meet all of
the ministry objects for the junior grades and tie into areas of their
curriculum.( not alot of art was being done in some classes) Intitially I
was hesitant as I was thinking HEY! what about art for the sake of art, not
to be a servant to the other subject areas, but then I realized that this
was a great way to get the teachers hooked. So grade 3 does an author unit
on Roald Dahl and now, ( instead of just copying Quinten Blakes fabulous
illustrations) they get a slide show about Oldenburg and some background
info and then make giant candy for their display of the work of 5 classes
on display in one area. I was thinking of doing this with older grades when
they do Gullivers Travels but was worried about giant corsets and things!
LOL.

No masks required! Use MSN Messenger to chat with friends and family.
http://go.msnserver.com/HK/25382.asp

---