Re: Michael Moore's Message

---------

From: Patricia Knott (pknott_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Apr 26 2003 - 19:45:54 PDT

I appreciated the Michael Moore message, too. And I agree with Harold that
his significance as a media artist is worthy of attention. Agree or disagree
with his message, but as visual communicators we need to be aware of how
Moore has used his gifts of observation to convey his message.
I don't think we should exclude any kind of messages of visual communication
from this list. I always look forward to something new to think about.
Agree or disagree with the message, but agree that how ideas are conveyed --
and conveyed to reach the masses--- includes areas of communication that we
may not be so familiar with teaching. But maybe we better get familiar.
I haven't seen Bowling for Columbine yet, but I expect it will meet the
expectations of the critical reviews. Roger and Me is wonderful. And I just
read Stupid White Men and stupid they are. There is a chapter on what is
happening in education that will satisfy even those of you that wrote to say
keep this kind of post off the list.

Think about what you don't want.
Patty

Subject: Michael Moore's Message (fwd)

Hi,

Thanks for posting Michael Moore's message.

It is worth reflecting on Michael Moore as an artist and how he uses the
media to express the same kind of message he expresses in his work. Also,
whether or not you agree with him, it is clear that he is an artist who is
committed to his beliefs and not afraid to speak out for what he believes
in.

harold ---

---