Re: block printing ideas- rubber blocks

---------

From: Susan Holland (Susan_Holland_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Apr 26 2003 - 06:12:51 PDT

The blocks are sold as Soft-Kut printing blocks, and probably other brands, and
will be in many catalogs with the linoleum blocks. Or in art supply stores on
the block printing aisle. They are an alternative to lino that is easier to
cut. You don't have to press hard with cutters and are (maybe) less likely to
jab your finger that way. I don't carve them because I can use them over and
over for monoprinting.

http://www.dickblick.com/zz404/01/products.asp?param=0&ig_id=1859
http://www.dickblick.com/lessonplans/monoprinting/

susan_holland@teachnet.edb.utexas.edu