Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re: How to teach tolerance?

From: Dianna Mammone (dndmammone_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Apr 25 2003 - 14:46:30 PDT

I remember doing one: On a Xeroxed paper I listed
every kids name in class and left some empty space
around them. Then I had kids find and write down 3
nice things about each student anonymously. I took
all the papers and typed each kids name and the
statements and compliments about them. At the end of
the year they decorated a "compliment" box and I sent
home their sheet of compliments. Some of the
compliments were a little distant, like "he has good
hair", but kids were challenged to dig a little deeper
and and take a second look at some of the less popular

Good luck, Diannabana

Do you Yahoo!?