Re: industrial design

---------

From: Patricia Knott (pknott_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Apr 25 2003 - 13:50:26 PDT

This is an excellent area of investigation. Kids are always asking "how will
I make a living in art?" and think graphic design is the only answer.
That market is flooded.

I am always pushing for industrial and product design. I think it is the
best place for opportunity. The University of the Arts in Philadelphia has
a good history. A former student of mine that is about to graduate from the
program, keeps me informed on that program and I like what she tells me.

I don't know anything about the College for Creative Studies in Detroit,
but am always wowed by what they send me in the mail. For car design
----well it's in Detroit --- and you have to think the industry is a partner
in the program. Anybody know anything about CCS?
http://www.ccscad.edu/index1b.htm

Patty

---