Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

lichtenstein lesson idea to share

From: wendy free (wendypaigefree_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Apr 25 2003 - 11:52:16 PDT

this is what my art 1 hs'ers are currently working on - its going really well! we looked at interiors by lichtenstein: - discussed and made a list of oustanding features of his "comic book" style, like solid outline, simplified/geometric shapes, limited color scheme, shading with lines and dots... - chose a mag photo of a room (you could also have students bring in photos of a room from their own house) - sketched it in pencil abstracting/simplifiying a la lichtenstein, also PERSONALIZING the composition by adding things (for example, i added a lava lamp, african violet, my dog, and a dog toy to mine) - tr
ansferring to final copy paper and completing with colored pencil these are the basic guidelines; we left a lot of options open, like using blends and fades to acheive a more realistic effect than with just solids, using other types of patterns to fill in... i didn't want to feel like we were copying Lichtenstein, i wanted that to just be a starting point. to emphasize this, i showed students van gogh's bedroom and lichtenstein's version: UGH! i can't find the link to the lichtenstein version, but its out there! :D wendy free (still working on the nighttime painting idea!)

Do you Yahoo!?