RE: industrial design

---------

From: Maude Ruesch (mruesch_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Apr 25 2003 - 11:15:32 PDT

My daughter is going to VCU next year(Virginia Commonwealth in
Richmond). It has a good first year arts foundation program which
exposes the students to many different disciplines in art. From
everything I've heard, the kids who go into it love it. After their
freshman year they choose a concentration within the art dept. It's not
all art after the first year either, so they come out with a BFA but
have had exposure to other liberal arts subjects. Sounds great and we
shall soon see if it is.
They also have a design major that you can enter right away for kids who
are sure of what they want.
Good luck. Maude in VA