Re: block printing ideas

---------

From: Susan Holland (Susan_Holland_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Apr 24 2003 - 19:08:21 PDT

artsednet@lists.getty.edu writes:
>can you describe this more.
>What rubber blocks and how do they use them with markers?
>What do you mean show motion over time?
>It sounds intriguing.
>Brenda ---

Okay, here's a link to the web site where I got the idea:
http://www.dickblick.com/lessonplans/monoprinting/

I have students plan a series of images that show something changing or moving-
a seed sprouting and growing into a flower, a rocket blasting off and traveling
to the moon, a ship sinking, ice cream melting, or whatever. They draw the
image onto the rubber block with watercolor markers and make the print, then
they alter the image slightly to show a change or movement. Then they print
again-- four or six images that get mounted together show the change or
movement.

susan_holland@teachnet.edb.utexas.edu

---