RE: Has anyone else been asked this question about Linnea in Monet's Garden?

---------

From: Kimberly Herbert (kherbert_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Apr 24 2003 - 17:40:52 PDT

It may have to do with the age of your kids. I've never heard the
elementary kids make any such comment, but their favorite books are
about kids on their own having adventures - Harry Potter tops the list.
Last year I had a parent who was mad that we were not publishing a list
of sex offenders in the school newsletter - she provided us with one
from the state directory! I had to stop her daughter from reciting the
list from memory one day in class. Now my sister, checked the directory
before they bought their house, and she checks it every so often, but
she doesn't burden my 9 year old niece with this information.

Sincerely,
Kimberly Herbert