Re: end of year student lead activities

---------

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Apr 24 2003 - 17:34:17 PDT

Here are two activities that my students did without any instruction from me
(both were time fillers):
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/lessons/middle/Lessons/surhands.htm
(from Bunki Kramer)
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/lessons/middle/Lessons/locker.htm
(they could color with crayons)

Here are some activites the students can do with little instruction:
http://home.att.net/~tisone/lessonpg1.htm

How about Laurel Burch style animals in oil pastesl?
http://www.laurelburch.com/Gallerie/fantastic_felines.htm
maybe do an outline with glue on black paper - or use colred squeeze paints.
Here are some Laurel Burch inspired paintings by Carolyn's students:
http://cyber.lenoir.k12.nc.us/khs/croberts/lburch.htm

Take some time to look through Bunki's online art. There are many projects
that you could do that wouldn't require a lot of individual instruction (you
may not get the high quality that Bunki has achieved, though):

Matisse collage would be a good one - here are fourth grade examples:
http://www.sjs.org./classes/lower/art/4thMatisseTHumbs/index.htm

I really like Woody's "Puzzle faces" - no drawing allowed. Mask like faces
made by cutting one sheet of white paper and gluing to black. You could have
examples of various cultural masks for reference.
http://kancrn.kckps.k12.ks.us/rosedale/Yearbook2003/7thArtRMSyearbk1.html