Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re: end of year student lead activities

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Apr 24 2003 - 17:34:17 PDT

Here are two activities that my students did without any instruction from me
(both were time fillers):
(from Bunki Kramer)
(they could color with crayons)

Here are some activites the students can do with little instruction:

How about Laurel Burch style animals in oil pastesl?
maybe do an outline with glue on black paper - or use colred squeeze paints.
Here are some Laurel Burch inspired paintings by Carolyn's students:

Take some time to look through Bunki's online art. There are many projects
that you could do that wouldn't require a lot of individual instruction (you
may not get the high quality that Bunki has achieved, though):

Matisse collage would be a good one - here are fourth grade examples:

I really like Woody's "Puzzle faces" - no drawing allowed. Mask like faces
made by cutting one sheet of white paper and gluing to black. You could have
examples of various cultural masks for reference.