Re: What was I thinking!

---------

From: lin (lina_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Apr 24 2003 - 16:56:26 PDT

on 4/23/03 6:58 PM, Donald Arcement at arcement@datastar.net wrote:

> "Did I really want to hand a sharp pointy object to
> such immature adolescents, at this time of the school year?"

Jana, that is truly a sign of our times. I give sharp clay tools to my
3rd-5th graders with no problems. I tell my kids they are "tools not toys"
and that they will lose the right to use them and not get a second chance if
they fool around. They know me well enough to know I mean it. They must be
more mature than your high schoolers. (This doesn't surprise me since I have
a 17 year old son.)

We have 5 more weeks of school. Hallelujah!

Lin

---