Re: end of year student lead activities

---------

From: Sandy Bacon (sbacon_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Apr 24 2003 - 16:35:40 PDT

C olette,

Today a local artist and framer visited one of my classes as a part of
our exploration of art careers. She is constantly creating and her
enthusiasm for art is very contagious. In light of what is happening in
the world, she felt she needed to do something positive and started
"heart" art. She asks participants to create a heart out of any medium,
with the exception of no 3-D materials, and illustrate on the heart all
they LOVE about their world. She is then going to display them in city
hall during the annual arts festival. She is even thinking of having
them travel to the Columbus Arts Festival this June.

Anyway, my kids loved the idea! I pulled out magazines for collage,
well, paper, glue, scraps -- they had a great time! Maybe something in
this vein would work for you. Just a suggestion,

Sandy

Colette C wrote:

> Help! This is my first year teaching. (middle school) Because of
> end-of-grade testing, remediation, retesting, field trips, the talent
> show prep, set-up for the 7th and 8th grade dance, I will have most of
> my students only some of the time for the rest of the year.
> leave-artsednet-20359V@lists.getty.edu

---