Re: What was I thinking!

---------

From: The Hammond Family (bhammond_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Apr 24 2003 - 16:06:40 PDT

Ya'll (as in you-all) are scaring me! I'm a 50+ year old rookie high school
teacher and I was planning to do a kind of Claes Oldenberg like papier mache
project with my Art 2's. I wanted them to pick a common but somewhat simple
object and do it about 2-3 feet big.
My questions:
1) Am I totally nuts to consider this at this time of year? - we have
students until June 6 thanks to many snow-days
2) Has anyone out there successfully done something like this before? I
remember seeing life-size papier mache figures, done I think by
middle-schoolers, several years ago at the NC Museum of Art. Really cool -
even wore real clothes.
Thanks in advance for any help, feedback, ideas or suggestions.
I have "lurked" for over a year now and have learned SO MUCH!
Thanks again,
Belinda in Greensboro, NC