end of year student lead activities

---------

From: Colette C (ctcolwell_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Apr 24 2003 - 11:42:17 PDT

Help! This is my first year teaching. (middle school) Because of
end-of-grade testing, remediation, retesting, field trips, the talent show
prep, set-up for the 7th and 8th grade dance, I will have most of my
students only some of the time for the rest of the year. Not only that,
they are bouncing off the walls because of the beautiful weather. I have no
idea what to do with them. What I would like to do is have 7 to 10
different projects available for them to choose from and require them to
complete 5 or so for their grade. So, the instructions must self
explanatory because they will all be working on different things.
Oh, and one more thing. My supplies are pretty much limited to crayons, oil
pastels, drawing and construction paper, and glue. I also have magazines
and newspapers.
I would be eternally grateful for any ideas.
Thanks!
Colette