Re: block printing ideas

---------

From: Betty Bowen (bbowen_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Apr 24 2003 - 07:42:01 PDT

> I use those rubber blocks for monoprinting with markers.

I do this too, it sure saves money and keeps the sharp tools in the closet. I
use Crayola markers, which are watercolor, and make a "damp pack" of Molly
Hawkins watercolor paper (which is a must-have in my classroom). They print
really well - by hand, not in the press, which would squish out the block too
much

I use this to introduce making repeat patterns, and then we moved on to making
repeat pattern stencils. We just finished an awesome final repeat pattern
project, which used four layers of 9" stencils.

---