Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

RE: I want to share my big smile! Book is done.

From: kerry marquis (kmartist_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Apr 24 2003 - 07:14:23 PDT

 Wow, Mary Ann,The book and the activities look wonderful. Thanks for sharing those! I'm also glad your husband will be fine. I know what a terrible experience that can be. Good luck and I'll be trying out some of those lessons.Kerry MarquisCheck out my art sites at www.teachart.netTake a free personality test on my site!! On Wed 04/23, ::MAK:: MaryAnn Kohl < > wrote:From: ::MAK:: MaryAnn Kohl [mailto:]To: artsednet@lists.getty.eduDate: Wed, 23 Apr 2003 10:31:48 -0700Subject: I want to share my big smile! Book is done.Hello, fellow art educators...Those of you who know me through this loop, know I write books about art and creativity for kids. So I hope you don't mind me sharing ... this has been quite a year already, husband went through cancer stuff, but is now apparently fine and will be. PHEW. I was supposed to have a book done months ago, and FINALLY got it out the door today. I am very v
 ery pleased with it. Storybook Art: Hands-On Art for Children in the styles of 100 Great Picture book Illustrators. And what I like best is threefold: 1. portraits of the illustrators drawn by kids (priceless) 2. quotes from the illustrators themselves 3. lots and lots and lots of actual kids' artworks all through the book. I only wish it could be in color. but ... still pretty amazing. Kids' art is something wonderful.So, tonight, I sleep like a baby. Was up til' 4:30 am this morning getting the thing done. I told myself I wouldn't quit until I succeeded. Now I'm a wreck!! but successful. :o)You can peek at it on my website, but the cover and stuff are not the real ones...just drafts on the website. I plan to get the real thing up soon. boy, am I tired. But happy.

MaryAnn KohlPO Box 31338

Bellingham, WA 98228

360 398 9801 office360 398 0450 home

       360 383 0001 fax