Re: night time scenes

---------

From: Mark Alexander (markcalexander_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Apr 24 2003 - 05:09:51 PDT

Frederick Remmington did a couple of cool night time paintings. I've done a similar lesson, using crayon resist stars and moon then a wet-on-wet wc in dark colors. Then the next day they used shades of tempera for dark details of the night time landscape. Good luck. Mark

wendy free <wendypaigefree@yahoo.com> wrote:one of my students who was asking for help today gave me what i think might be a great idea for a project... she wanted to know how different painters showed "night time". i am now thinking of doing an assignment with my high schoolers on just that and would like to put together a list of artists to look at. so far i have starry night, rousseau's sleeper, parrish's winter night landscape, kawase's moon night, grant wood's midnight ride... any takers? i'll compile and share the list - and lesson - for all interested! :D wendy free