RE: adding authorizations to an art credential

---------

From: Alix Peshette (apeshet_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Apr 23 2003 - 20:24:06 PDT

Hi Bunki,
I took the multiple subjects test which includes 6th grade math and managed
to pass. Now, not by much, but again, no one asks. Since I am renowned at
my school for being math-impaired, I still think it wasn't that hard.

 When I prepared for the CBEST lo those long years ago, I used a 5th grade
remedial math book to study up for the test. I took all the sample tests,
discovered that I had last studied math before the invention of the zero ;-0
and needed to learn everything again! If one is going for the multiple
subjects credential, I highly recommend getting an elementary math book and
boning up on the stuff. It does add to confidence.

However, it makes more sense to get a secondary authorization in something
(I got social studies) so that one can stay in their school, teach with the
new authorization and still teach art. In that case, college classes might
be the only way to do it.

-Alix