Re: What was I thinking!

---------

From: Donald Arcement (arcement_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Apr 23 2003 - 18:58:35 PDT

Jana, I totally understand your reaction to the mess and hassle!!! I have
been working on a scratchboard project with my Art I students and I am ready
to scream~!!!!~!!!! It seems that two of my 10th grade boys insist on
sticking the sharp pointy objects into each other and this kind of behavior
makes me CRAZY~~~~~~~ if you know what I mean. I have been asking myself
the classic question, "Did I really want to hand a sharp pointy object to
such immature adolescents, at this time of the school year?" I feel like
I'm exhausted and can't move another inch of my body and yet I hand a "sharp
pointy object" to an adolescent boy! I sometimes wonder "if I'm playing
with a full deck"... IN any event, I am trying to keep my composure and not
"come unglued at the seams". Just hangin in there till the end of May...

Affectionately, and sympathetically,
Idus in southern Mississippi (about an hour from New Orleans)