Plaster of Paris in a baggie scupture

---------

From: Kimberly Herbert (kherbert_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Apr 23 2003 - 18:43:59 PDT

Next week is TAKS - 3 days of wonderful testing. I'm in a portable,
which means after the test I can actually let my kids breathe. The rest
of the school is in pods, so they have to wait until 4 classes are done
because the converted open concept space allows sound to travel. The
other portable teacher and I are going to see if we can take the kids
out behind my portable to play kick ball or something part of the time
(we can't go to the playground because it too near classrooms. I would
also like to do something both creative and relaxing. I thought of the
sculpture you can do with Plaster of Paris in a baggie squish it until
hard, then use spoons or plastic knifes to sculpt it. It has been a
while, how much Plaster of Paris per kid, and what is the ratio of
powder to water?

The second day we are going to do turn your name into a monster/design
with crayon resist.

The third day we are going to start our wacky inventions.

Sincerely,

Kimberly

There is Always hope. Only because it is the one thing noone has figured
out how to kill yet. Galen in "Racing The Night" episode of Crusade

  _____

Get more from the Web. FREE MSN Explorer download :
http://explorer.msn.com

---