Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re: night time scenes

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Apr 23 2003 - 16:01:06 PDT

I like Rousseau's Carnival Evening, too:

Albert Bierdstadt - Mount Vesuvius at Midnight:

There are probably others by Bierdstadt:

Frederic Church - Twilight in the Wilderness:

and probably others by Church:

Some of Joseph Turner's would work:

Check for more landscape artists:

Claude Monet - The Cliff, Etretat, Sunset

There are probably others by Monet:

There are more Van Gogh ones, too - Cafe Terrace at Night

I remember seeing night scenes by Thomas Hart Benton (check some of these
lithograph Letter from Overseas:

These links should give you something to get started with. Try a Google
image search for night landscape. You might get some interesting results.

Judy Decker

>>so far i have starry night, rousseau's sleeper, parrish's winter night
landscape, kawase's moon night, grant >>wood's midnight ride... any takers?
i'll compile and share the list - and lesson - for all interested!

>:D wendy free

Do you Yahoo!?
The New Yahoo! Search - Faster. Easier. Bingo. --- You are currently
email to