Re: night time scenes

---------

From: Ann Heineman (aiheineman_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Apr 23 2003 - 15:45:47 PDT

 she wanted to know how different painters showed "night time". i am now
thinking of doing an assignment with my high schoolers on just that and
would like to put together a list of artists to look at. so far i have
starry night,

Also, Van Gogh's night time street café scene.
Goya's Third of May execution scene.
George Bellow's painting of Riverside Park at night--in collection of the
Columbus Museum of Art.
Albert Pinkham Ryder did some night scene paintings.
Japanese woodblock prints have many images of moonlit nights.

           Ann-on-y-mouse in Columbus
           Art teacher, K-5, retired

---