How to teach tolerance?

---------

From: Joe Cox (bjcoxteachart_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Apr 23 2003 - 15:31:50 PDT

Hey everyone,

Its been awhile since I have written to the group, matter of fact I was off the list for while so its good to be back. I have a question on a situation I am trying to deal with in one of my art 1 classes. This class is mostly made up of high school boys and in the mix are a couple of special needs students. One is a large kid and gets picked on by the other students. Most of the time when I have a special needs student the other students accept them in the class with no problem but this class is different. We are almost done for the year and I was thinking of having the students do a final art project that deals with tolerance to people who are different. Does anyone have any suggestions on how this might be done? Thanks in advance for any info you have to share.

Joe. Get more from the Web. FREE MSN Explorer download : http://explorer.msn.com

---