I want to share my big smile! Book is done.

---------

From: ::MAK:: MaryAnn Kohl (mak_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Apr 23 2003 - 10:31:48 PDT

Hello, fellow art educators...

Those of you who know me through this loop, know I write books about art and
creativity for kids. So I hope you don't mind me sharing ... this has been
quite a year already, husband went through cancer stuff, but is now
apparently fine and will be. PHEW. I was supposed to have a book done months
ago, and FINALLY got it out the door today. I am very very pleased with it.
Storybook Art: Hands-On Art for Children in the styles of 100 Great Picture
book Illustrators. And what I like best is threefold: 1. portraits of the
illustrators drawn by kids (priceless) 2. quotes from the illustrators
themselves 3. lots and lots and lots of actual kids' artworks all through
the book. I only wish it could be in color. but ... still pretty amazing.
Kids' art is something wonderful.

So, tonight, I sleep like a baby. Was up til' 4:30 am this morning getting
the thing done. I told myself I wouldn't quit until I succeeded. Now I'm a
wreck!! but successful. :o)

You can peek at it on my website, but the cover and stuff are not the real
ones...just drafts on the website. I plan to get the real thing up soon.

boy, am I tired. But happy.

MaryAnn
www.brightring.com

=======================