adding authorizations to an art credential

---------

From: Alix Peshette (apeshet_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Apr 22 2003 - 21:37:50 PDT

Hi,
We have talked about this problem before. I want to mention again, that at
least in California, if you have one credential already, you can add an
authorization in another subject by taking the state test. I advise this
over going back to college. The tests are usually in three parts. If you
don't pass one section, you re-take just that section. If you don't pass
the first time, then at least you know what you need to study for the next
time. No one ever asks what your score was on the test. They are only
concerned that you have the added authorization on your credential. I've
done this for two different authorizations. I found that the tests weren't
that hard, if you had been alive for the last 20 years and maybe had read
the newspaper. ;-)

-Alix E. Peshette
Technology Coordinator
Emerson Junior High School