RE: Art teacher POSITION

---------

From: Kathy Tickner (ktickner_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Apr 22 2003 - 13:18:22 PDT

All of us, Single Subject Art Credentials, are losing our jobs. Even though
I have tenure, 15 years of teaching experience, because they "cut" the art
program (same with music/band instructor), I have no protection to be kept
on at the district. If I had another credential, or a multiple subject
credential, they could "put me in another position", for at least 2-3 hours
of the day (history, language arts, etc.) and then the 0ther 4 hours of the
day I would teach my art classes. But, my single subject credential doesn't
allow me to teach anything else.
position doesn't work out.
Kathy Tickner
Byron Union School District, Northern California, up near Stockton.
Newly voted California Distinguished School (wouldn't they like to know our
school just axed the music/art/p.e./couseling programs!!!!! Not much of a
distinguished school............)