Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

RE: Paper Sculpture Resources

From: Fields, Linda (fieldsl_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Apr 21 2003 - 06:50:30 PDT

Thanks, Becky! Linda

-----Original Message-----
From: Rebecca Stone-Danahy []
Sent: Thursday, April 17, 2003 1:23 PM
To: ArtsEdNet Talk
Subject: Paper Sculpture Resources

After extensive research on books and websites, I have compiled a list of
resources for serious paper sculpture that I thought I would share.

The Books are:

Paper Sculpture: Step-by-Step Guide by Kathleen Ziegler and Nick Greco

More Paper Sculpture: A Step-by-Step Guide by Kathleen Ziegler and Nick

Sculpture in Paper by Nicholas Roukes

The websites are: <> <>
(Robert is a pop-up book artist but some of his ideas may be useful to you.)
<> (artist Cindy Berglund) <>
(artist Johanna Bandle)
<> (a list of paper websites) <>
(artist Marcelo Bicalho)
<> (artist Dee Deloy)
<> (artist Joan
<> (artist Joan
(artist Koju Nakamura)
<> (artist Koju
Nakamura) <> ,
(artist Johanna Bandle) <> (a paper
sculpture gallery)
<> (artist Leo Monahan)
(artist Leo Monahan)
<> (artist Leo Monahan)
<> (artist Leo
<> (artist Leo Monahan)
(artist Sally Vitsky)

I am completing a project with 9th graders creating biomes using paper
sculpture only. Perhaps this summer I can get images up of how it all
turned out. Incidentally, my website is:
<> for those of
you that are interested. I don't have pictures up yet but I will sometime
in the near future.

Becky in NC

Rebecca A. Stone-Danahy

Art Department Chair