NAEA CONVENTION RESOURCES

---------

From: Kevan Nitzberg (knitzber_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Apr 20 2003 - 06:06:32 PDT

In the spirit of sharing resources from the NAEA Convention, Professor Craig
Roland, art instructor from the University of Florida, Gainesville,
presented a session in Mpls. in which he presented his paper, "Art
Collaboration and the Internet", that discusses a variety of interactive web
based learning models for students. Not only was this an enjoyable session
to attend, but he also has made his paper available online at a web site
that he helps to maintain called Art Junction. No mailing involved! The
paper can be found by clicking on the 'articles' section at:

http://www.artjunction.org

As Kris did, I too put together another packet from the sessions I attended
at the Convention, combining notes and handouts. It is too many pages to
easily reproduce, however. If anyone is interested in just the note portion
I can email the files which I saved in Word. The sessions I attended were as
follows:

Art Collaboration and the Internet - Craig Roland

Connecting the Arts to Other Disciplines - Carolyn Chambers

Contemporary Artists and Urban Education - JoAnna Moore

Engaging Artistic Creativity Through Visual Problem Solving - Ken Veith

Exploring Art Through Visual Culturre - Alice Lai

How to Think Like Leonard da Vinci - Mary Lou Hightower

Research Presentation - Elliot Eisner and James Caterall

MN Artist Series - Ernest Whiteman

MN Artist Series - Judy Onofrio

New Collage Tool for the Artist Educator - William Benson

Seeing - Eric Carle

Special Needs in Art Education - Katherine Ruhlin Bareis

Kevan

---