Re: Seeking advice on getting kids to finish their work on time.

---------

From: kavita ghai (kavitaghai2002_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Apr 19 2003 - 03:42:40 PDT

hi,
i completely agree with the problem you are facing ,i thnk this time limitation and rushing up work brings too much pressure on children.sometimes they just loose interest if i force them to finish work on time,i sometimes try and help the slow workers ,in ways like helpin them mix colours ,or get clay for them ,or help them in cutting etc.
sure there is another grp of those who waste time talking and troubling others,i sometimes need to tell them that they will be reported if they dn't work on time ,this helps.
secondly,another problem i face is that if i tell them to rush up they sometimes just finish the work for the heck of it ,which is again a problem.
one way i try solving this problem is that though its the same project all of them are doing but i kind of make the slow students not get to very elaborate stuff within the same project so that they can finish up with rest of the class.
alos they can work in groups where work is divided amongst them in a way they all finish on time
all the best
kavita
 "Y.R. Brown" <imaniyo@hotmail.com> wrote:Dear Colleagues:

How do you set the pace for your lessons, keeping in mind that all students
do not work at the same pace, but you have a set number of work days
established in your lesson plan?
I have some students that take quite a bit of time to complete their
projects...
These students are also prone to not listening during instructional time ,
not watching during demos and they don't read the "student page"
I prepare on each lesson that is a replication of what I deliver orally.
Please advise.

Thanks,
YRB