Re: ? on websites

---------

From: Diane Gregory (dianegregory_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Apr 18 2003 - 14:07:03 PDT

Hi,

I went to your website and I know you have put a lot of time and energy into
making this site. I am sorry people are being critical, especially since you are
providing this information for free.

I teach Art Education and Computer Applications to Art Education at Southwest
Texas State University. I teach my own students how to use technology in the art
classroom, including creating web sites.

Creating effective web sites is a challenging and daunting task.

What I like about your site is the simple and easy to navigate layout. Some
minor things you could do to improve your site, is to reduce the file sizes of
your images. I have a very high speed dsl connection and it took some time to
load your site. I am assuming this is because the size of your graphics. In
order to reduce their size, you can take your images into photoshop and prepare
them for the web and reduce the file size. I can get more specific if you need
instructions on how to do this.

The slowness of the loading may also be due to the fact that you have placed your
site on a server that may not be especially fast or may have many people
accessing that particular site and that it is overloaded.

One other minor point. I found some of the colors of your text to be hard to
read against the blue blackground. The yellow text on the home page, I could not
read at all and the grey text (back link) was also hard to read.

I found the images delightful but also which they were phsyically larger.

Gee I am so sorry you are having so much trouble. I do not understand why people
would be so rude and ungrateful. Having made many web sites myself, I know how
time consuming and difficult they are.

Hope this helps and if you would like more specific information, I would be glad
to assist you.

Best of luck,

Diane

=====