clear glaze didn't turn out clear

---------

From: Susan Holland (Susan_Holland_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Apr 17 2003 - 15:44:10 PDT

I just had a firing of clear glaze come out hazy purple. I've seen hazy from
too much glaze before, but I never had it go this wrong. The pieces were red
earthenware that was 04 bisqued and I fired them to 05 for the glaze. I also
had some pieces in at the same time that were supposed to be "burgandy" and
they came out pink, and "amber" came out brown, so I'm wondering if one glaze
affected the other.

And I'm wondering if there is any hope that re-firing the pieces that are
supposed to be clear will clear things up at all. These kids are going to be a
little peeved.

susan_holland@teachnet.edb.utexas.edu

---