RE: cool clay for sixth grade

---------

From: kerry marquis (kmartist_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Apr 17 2003 - 14:03:51 PDT

 I have a site that has ceramic projects on it. Go to www.teachart.net and click on the Ceramics and Pottery site.KerryCheck out my art sites at www.teachart.netTake a free personality test on my site!!http://www.oursites.org/kerrymarquis/--- On Thu 04/17, Jayna Huffines < jayna_99@yahoo.com > wrote:From: Jayna Huffines [mailto: jayna_99@yahoo.com]To: artsednet@lists.getty.eduDate: Thu, 17 Apr 2003 10:46:58 -0700 (PDT)Subject: cool clay for sixth grade

Hey everybody,I'm trying to decide on a new clay project for sixth grade. Here are the things I've done before and I'm ready for something new: character trait trophies (rub n' buffed gold)animal vessels (a hollow form lesson)whistlesgargoylessarchophagi with plaster mummies I almost always do hollow forms because I can teach so many concepts in that one lesson. Do you all have any suggestions for something more exciting that covers scoring, slipping, texture, and at some point, hollow forms? I'm limited to about 3/4 lb of clay per child, so that's a bit of a drawback, too. Thanks in advance!Jayna

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com