cool clay for sixth grade

---------

From: Jayna Huffines (jayna_99_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Apr 17 2003 - 10:46:58 PDT

Hey everybody,I'm trying to decide on a new clay project for sixth grade. Here are the things I've done before and I'm ready for something new: character trait trophies (rub n' buffed gold)animal vessels (a hollow form lesson)whistlesgargoylessarchophagi with plaster mummies I almost always do hollow forms because I can teach so many concepts in that one lesson. Do you all have any suggestions for something more exciting that covers scoring, slipping, texture, and at some point, hollow forms? I'm limited to about 3/4 lb of clay per child, so that's a bit of a drawback, too. Thanks in advance!Jayna