Re: Masters Program

---------

From: Aaron Hopkins (hopkiaar_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Apr 16 2003 - 09:01:50 PDT

I agree that taking distance ed. programs can be difficult. I get very
little help from the professor. Indeed, I even emailed the prof. about
a project and his reply indicated he hadn't even read my email all the
way! I enjoy the flexibility in my program and so far am enjoying it.
It is throught the Univ. of MD. an educational technology program.
aaron

>>> jayna_99@yahoo.com 04/15/03 09:36PM >>>
I guess there are good distance ed programs out there- I just came
across a stinker. Has anyone completed the MAEd program online from ECU?
I would be curious to hear what you think. Jayna

Jerry & Mary B <gregjuli@execpc.com> wrote:Sal
I started a program this fall from a school in Illinois- Olivet
Nazarene. It is a Masters in Education- Curriculm and Instruction. It
is
an on- line program and I love it. I thought I had a great education
for my BA, but the information in these classes are great. Many are
based on Lee Canter courses. The cost is about $8,000. It is a lot of
work, but I feel I am a much stronger teacher. A Masters in Fine Arts
would be great too, but this is stuff that automatically transfers to
the classroom helps in so many ways.
MaryB

SPienschke@aol.com wrote:

>Does any art teacher have a masters degree in an area other that art
education? I am looking into a program for a Masters in Teaching and
Leadership but not sure how it would benefit me. I would get a small
bump in salary, but not enough to justify taking out a 10,000 loan to
cover the costs. Any suggestions or advice? I would greatly appreciate
it.

>Thank you,
>
>Sal
>Western Springs IL.