Re: is arts boring?

---------

From: Rebekah Short (ShortR_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Apr 16 2003 - 06:20:19 PDT

I have had good success with boys working on architecture units. We
often set up a simulation type activity where they have to design for a
specific site, function, etc, then "sell" their idea (drawings or a 3-D
model) to a "client".
Rebekah

>>> kavitaghai2002@yahoo.co.in 04/15/03 09:07PM >>>
hi,i have been questioning this to myself since last week when some
students said this to me,these are not junior students they are students
of form 5 and 6,growing up teenagers who are just interested in either
sprots or computer games ,besides the academic study work they have to
do.we have compulsary art activities for them in school but this group
of students is highly disinterested,i am on a spree of looking for
activities that are of interest to them ,we have no restrictions to
material and space only what is required is building interest in these
students especially the boys.in one of my talks with them one student
said 'i don't like to make things(as we have options of
sculpture,carpentary,ceramics etc along with arts) becuase i have to
think which is stressful" can i get help in solving this laziness in the
students.thankskavita

leave-artsednet-20359V@lists.getty.edu
---