Re: Masters Program

---------

From: Maggie Tucker (arttucker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Apr 16 2003 - 05:20:48 PDT

I have a masters in library and information science. (I have a BA in Fine
Arts--it was a pact I made with my parents in the early 1970s so I would
have something lucrative--lol--to fall back upon.) Licensure came almost
30 years later. I love the extra money, and I have to admit knowing how to
find information has always been extremely helpful, as well as given me
entry into marketing fields in my former career.

Won't helpl much, but if you have a Target they have a small scholarship of
$500 per year you can try for.

At 07:52 PM 4/15/03 -0400, you wrote:
>Does any art teacher have a masters degree in an area other that art
education? I am looking into a program for a Masters in Teaching and
Leadership but not sure how it would benefit me. I would get a small bump
in salary, but not enough to justify taking out a 10,000 loan to cover the
costs. Any suggestions or advice? I would greatly appreciate it.

>Thank you,
>
>Sal
>Western Springs IL.
>
>---