Re: glazing ceramic cups

---------

From: Justin Kramer (justyn_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Apr 16 2003 - 00:05:53 PDT

on 16/4/03 3:41 AM, Aaron Hopkins at hopkiaar@wcboe.k12.md.us wrote:
Aaron are these "dry glazes" just powdered glazes for mixing. There are dry
glazes when fire have a matt appearance and are variable in colour. These
are effect glazes and some are quite toxic.

Try using underglazes. This are a bit more expensive but have a great colour
range and a clear glaze put over the top will protect the surface and make
it food safe.

Justin in Brisvegas