Re: full body casts

---------

From: Justin Kramer (justyn_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Apr 16 2003 - 00:00:56 PDT

on 16/4/03 11:06 AM, The Austin's at whest177@wheatstate.com wrote:

>I have used dental laytex for face casting - this is a similar product used by
make up artists for special effects movies. This product can be purchased
from dental suppliers. It is the same product that is used in the mouth to
make dental moulds. You will need to work fast though as it sets in less
than 2mins with ice water and sets even faster with lukewarm water. This
product does not need a release agent from the skin but will need a mother
or support mold for casting.

Instead of using vaseline on hair and skin which is very revolting to wash
off try using barrier cream. You can purchase this from chemists and is rubs
on like sun tan lotion but you will need to more generous with hair and
clothing. This is also good for those who might have minor allegeries to the
lime in the plaster.

As for the full body, the only problem with casting a full body in two
separate settings is that it will be difficult on you to match the seems.

Not to sound too obvious about this, but let the students caste themselves
with same sex group members as casting the full body allows the touching of
one another and this can lead to accusations. Be aware.

Justin in Brisvegas

I use the molds and do the plastering on the inside of the molds - it gets