Re: is arts boring?

---------

From: Erick and Marcy Saoud (saoud_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Apr 15 2003 - 22:24:27 PDT

I have found that all students like to do projects that
have an element of magic or surprise, like optical
illusions. One of the best was watercolor painting
techniques with the 6th grade, where they learned wet-
on-wet, wet-on-dry, masking, and making textures with
salt.

> From: kavita ghai <kavitaghai2002@yahoo.co.in>
> Date: 2003/04/15 Tue PM 10:07:51 EDT
> To: "ArtsEdNet Talk" <artsednet@lists.getty.edu>
> Subject: is arts boring?
>
> hi,i have been questioning this to myself since last
week when some students said this to me,these are
not junior students they are students of form 5 and
6,growing up teenagers who are just interested in
either sprots or computer games ,besides the
academic study work they have to do.we have
compulsary art activities for them in school but this
group of students is highly disinterested,i am on a
spree of looking for activities that are of interest to them
,we have no restrictions to material and space only
what is required is building interest in these students
especially the boys.in one of my talks with them one
student said 'i don't like to make things(as we have
options of sculpture,carpentary,ceramics etc along with
arts) becuase i have to think which is stressful" can i
get help in solving this laziness in the
students.thankskavita
> Catch all the cricket action. Download Yahoo! Score
tracker

saoud@cox.net
artsednet-20562V@lists.getty.edu