is arts boring?

---------

From: kavita ghai (kavitaghai2002_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Apr 15 2003 - 19:07:51 PDT

hi,i have been questioning this to myself since last week when some students said this to me,these are not junior students they are students of form 5 and 6,growing up teenagers who are just interested in either sprots or computer games ,besides the academic study work they have to do.we have compulsary art activities for them in school but this group of students is highly disinterested,i am on a spree of looking for activities that are of interest to them ,we have no restrictions to material and space only what is required is building interest in these students especially the boys.in one of my talks with them one student said 'i don't like to make things(as we have options of sculpture,carpentary,ceramics etc along with arts) becuase i have to think which is stressful" can i get help in solving this laziness in the students.thankskavita