Re: Masters Program

---------

From: Jayna Huffines (jayna_99_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Apr 15 2003 - 18:30:28 PDT

Whatever program you decide to pursue, I would not recommend a distance learning program, and that goes for anyone who is reading this. I tried to take a class this semester from East Carolina University and it has been ridiculous. I have a hard time learning anything when I get five emails from the professor the entire semester and very little feedback on the work. I think I could do a masters program if I could actually attend class on campus. Good luck, Sal, but if it comes down to distance learning, I wouldn't recommend it. (Just my opinion, some of you may know great programs from other universities.) Jayna

SPienschke@aol.com wrote:Does any art teacher have a masters degree in an area other that art education? I am looking into a program for a Masters in Teaching and Leadership but not sure how it would benefit me. I would get a small bump in salary, but not enough to justify taking out a 10,000 loan to cover the costs. Any suggestions or advice? I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you,

Sal
Western Springs IL.