Vince Pitelka workshop at Living Tree Pottery, NC

---------

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Apr 15 2003 - 18:18:52 PDT

Lisa Skeen asked me to post this to the Getty List:

There are 4 spaces remaining in the Ancient Clay workshop with Vince Pitelka
the week of May 12 - 16. Vince is currently head of the clay dept. at
Appalachain Center for Craft at Tenn. Tech University. He has over 30
years' experience in claywork and is a very dynamic presenter.

This is a hands-on workshop in which participants will learn forming,
decoration, and firing techniques of ancient and tribal cultures. The
workshop will conclude with a blackware bonfiring on the last day. These
are methods you can use with your students even if you don't have wheels,
and be very successful with them.

You can see more information at Vince's website, which is linked from
http://www.living-tree.net/schedule.htm and register online there as well.
Cost is $190 plus clay (about $12/bag) and lunches ($7.50/day).

L. P. Skeen www.living-tree.net
Living Tree Pottery, Summerfield, NC
For more information: Contact L. P. Skeen lpskeen@living-tree.net

---